The 3 Pointer Bean Burger
Makes 4 patties or 8 sliders.
- 1 x 14 oz. can of black beans
- 1 cup Panko GF* bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup GF* all purpose flour
(* Non-gluten free breadcrumbs and flour can also be used).
- 1 tablespoon BBQ sauce
- a dash of Hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon Ketchup
- a dash of Onion salt
- a dash of Garlic salt
- a pinch of Salt
- a pinch Ground black pepper
(Mix all together to your taste).
- 6 burger buns*
(* Gluten free buns are available).
Pickle, cheese* sliced tomato, sliced onion, avocado, chopped lettuce. Whatever you like as toppings! (*Vegan cheese slices are available).
- Open the can of black beans and rinse with cold water. Empty the beans onto some paper towel and pat them dry. This will help the burgers retain their texture so make sure they are really dry.
- Place the beans in a large bowl and crush with a fork. Add the seasoning mix and mix well.
- Stir in the breadcrumbs and flour and with your hands form your patties by first dividing into even sized balls, then flatten to your desired thickness with the palm of your hand.
- Place the patties in the fridge on parchment paper, and chill for a while to help the flavors marinade. The patties can be made a few days in advance and stored in the fridge.
- When ready to cook, spray the pan , tray or grill well with vegetable oil. The patties a soft so take care to heat the cooking surface well first on a medium heat.
- Cook each side of the pattie for about 4 -5 minutes. Serve in a bun and toppings of your choice. Enjoy!